So you’re ready to start exploring the newest social network on the block! Well we want to make your first experiences with Google+ to be as easy as possible, so you can get the most out of it!
This series will serve as an introductory beginners guide in all of the Google+ basic features. Below, you will find the links to our growing list of introductory posts and beginner topics.
- Cheat Sheets – Really helpful in learning the shortcuts: Cheat Sheet 1 and Cheat Sheet 2.
- Circles – Contact management at its best. Check out the “Intro To Circles” or go straight to the “Google+ Circles: The Ultimate Guide“. Once you’ve got those down, you’ll want to read “Find More People To Follow On Google+“.
- Stream - The Google+ stream is how you see all of the posts that are being shared with you. Get your head around it with our”Introduction to The Google+ Stream“.
- Profile - Be sure to make your profile look professional by following our 12 Step Guide. [More tutorials on Google+ profiles coming soon!]
- Search - Being Google, Google+ search is pretty awesome. Check out how to find posts and people relevant to you in our tutorial “How To Use Google+ Search“.
- Sparks – An easy way to find topics that interest you. Check out the “Intro To Google+ Sparks“.
- Photos – You’ll probably want to import them from one of your other networks, such as Facebook (click here) or Instagram (click here). [More to come soon!] You’ll also want to lean how to “Tag Yourself In A Photo“.
- Games – Read the “Play Games On Google+“. Seriously, Angry Birds for FREE! CityVille is now even a featured game! If you are seriously into gaming, make sure that check out the games feed learn how in “How To Access The Google+ Games Stream“.
- Hangouts – A game changer. We love it and use it for 90% of our video calls now. Check our get started guide “How To Start a Google+ Hangout“.
- Invite your friends! There are some cool resources for encouraging your friends to join the Google+ party, this is one of our favorites!
- …and more to come!
Again, this is just a series on the basics of Google+. We have more comprehensive guides and tutorials on the way. In the meantime, if there’s any topic you would like us to cover in this basics series, please let us know in the comments section below!