You can have live video conferences with up to 10 people, FOR FREE! Want to know how others are using Google+ Hangouts? This is the granddaddy of all lists!
Hangout Ideas for Higher Education
Thirty-one ways to use Google+
Whether you are a professor, college student, or part of the administration, learning how to use Google+ is definitely worth your time. Here is a wonderful Google Docs presentation put together by Google in Education.
Go here: http://goo.gl/xHhyZ, click “Start Presentation,” and use the spacebar to increment the slides.
Even More Hangout Applications
- General goofing off
- Birthday/event celebrations
- Topic discussions
- Organization officer meetings
- Screen-sharing for trouble-shooting or tech support
- Screen-sharing for tutorials or walkthroughs
- Bible study or book reading clubs
- Client meetups
- Project planning and brainstorming
- Customer appreciation and feedback
- Watch YouTube videos simultaneously with friends and family (everyone holds the remote with play/pause abilities)
- Slideshow presentations
- Script rehearsal
- Homework study groups
- Private counseling or addiction recovery with accountability partners
- Cooking classes
- Puppet shows
- Collaborative jam sessions
- Trivia games or charades
- Yoga sessions
- Poetry slams, improv, or stand-up comedy
- Angel/tarot/star/akashic/card readings
- Circle of intention or prayer circles
- Distant healing/Qigong
- Live karaoke
- Subject-specific Q and A’s
- Coffee breaks/water cooler get-togethers
- Flow/business/awakening/life coaching
- Product unveiling or announcement
- Phone conferences
- Brand promotion
- Travel show (especially for mobile)
- And if the United States President can have a hangout, then so can you!
While this is a monster of a list with plenty of things to keep you Hanging out, we know we haven’t even scratched the surface as to what is possible with Google+ Hangouts. What other applications are hangouts good for? Add your ideas to the comments below!